Prevention is the most crucial place to start. Completing correct safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Alliance.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run right but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.