Your heating and cooling system is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could ensure a continuous supply of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, consider these benefits:
- Reveal minor problems early: Issues with your home comfort system often develop slowly. When a technician checks the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of small problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of breakdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the chance of a mid-season breakdown diminishes.
- Saving on repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable cost that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system operates the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer than a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement equipment.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety assessment during every visit offers peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are occasionally unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, the technician will return to correct things.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.