Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several things to think about, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and enhances comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the right recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you get new units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any big short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can avoid the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at peak efficiency, making your house comfier and reducing your yearly energy bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the price of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 330-235-1260 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.