It’s frigid outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.