Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for fresh air and your energy bill is often at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your furnace or cooling.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Alliance and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy bills less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a definite benefit for keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the lower your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can try a couple other things to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your habits and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you think it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right product for your space. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.